Clickity clickity clack
11-20-2017, (Subject: Clickity clickity clack ) 
Clickity clickity clack
So I got this nifty load that pays really well headed to OK from Boston. Barely enough time to run it, but I'm running through Thanksgiving so what the hell, right?

Most direct route was I-68W. Normally I prefer avoiding that when loaded because it's hilly as all hell, but today I decided to take it.

When I stop to fill up, I noticed my pyro gauge starting to bounce around. It had apparently come loose from the manifold...so what I thought was 500 degrees was more like 7-800. Ouch. This is the hottest I've seen it since @m*m^2.

What got my attention the most was this nice clicking sound from the driver's front of the engine, that I can't hear when driving. Without a stethoscope, I'm assuming it is the air compressor, seeing that it's coming from that area and it doesn't appear to sound like valvetrain noise. Overhead was just run 30k ago.

Still makes air, not diggin the noise. Typical of a failing compressor? I'm assuming being force fed very hot air for awhile might have pissed it off a little bit considering it's original with 720k on it. Very noticeable from the driver's front of the engine. Engine runs fine otherwise.

Also makes me wonder if there is a reason it doesn't pull from the intake pipe going to the turbo? I would think air that was much closer to ambient would be better for it long term...and it's directly mounted to the engine as well so I doubt it would get so cold that it would freeze up. Thoughts?

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Clickity clickity clack - dhirocz - 11-20-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.