Clickity clickity clack
11-21-2017, (Subject: Clickity clickity clack ) 
RE: Clickity clickity clack
(11-21-2017 )Nilao Wrote:  Piping it to the intake will put it under vacuum constantly. There's a publication from wabco specifically stating not to move the compressor inlet from the booster side to the filter side. I will look to see if I can locate it.

It's an email from Bendix regarding an inquiry about changing from boosted air to the naturally aspirated kit.

Quote:

There are many advantages to turbo charging an air compressor. Compressor output is improved and the positive pressure on the top of the pistons helps control oil passing. On naturally aspirated compressors with separate air filters, oil passing is created as the filter gets dirty. As the air filter becomes restrict with dirt the compressor starts pulling air out of the crankcase and the oil comes along with it thus resulting in oil passing.

When connected to the engine air cleaner directly the compressor fights the engine for air thus reducing efficiency. On a normal highway vehicle the compressor may only compress air for 5% of the time. When the compressor unloads and quits compressing it is still rotating. During this time the engine draws air through the engine air cleaner putting a vacuum on the 1" hose. We now have a straw in a pop bottle. The compressor is rotating, oil is on the cyclinder walls and the vacuum starts to draw oil to the top of the pistons. When the compressor loads again the oil on the top of the pistons will flow out into the air system. Turbo charging the compressor puts a positive pressure to the top of the pistons thus holding the oil down and helping to prevent oil passing.

Makes me wonder why the new prostars come with it plumbed into the air filter then. Where is this quote from?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT

Messages In This Thread
RE: Clickity clickity clack - Rawze - 11-21-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.