uploaded some new Videos
03-25-2016, (Subject: uploaded some new Videos ) 
RE: uploaded some new Videos
From my years of skateboarding in my early youth, i was always using words like bearings, kingpins, and bushings because they were all important parts of the skateboard. never knew i would be using the same terms in diesel trucking as a business owner! lol life is good

I know its a big difference form skateboarding to trucking but in skateboard world ball bearings were very important and would be the main determining factor of how fast you could go on a good set of wheels. There were bearings rated at ABEC3, ABEC5, ABEC7 all the way up to SWISS, and SWISS ceramics... With a set of ABEC3's in the wheel you could push and push and push and struggle to get anywhere lol, good for beginners but not the seasoned rider. now a rider whos been around the block a few times and could afford to throw a set of $65-$100 SWISS CERAMIC bearings had IT MADE. Im talking night and day compared to the lower grade bearings. This rider could "drop in" on a ramp at a skatepark and just use the momentum of his/her body to pump around the park and not even have to push much...

this makes me wonder how much more fuel efficient our rigs could be with the right bearings... class 8 bearings take an enormous amount of daily strain and im sure the engineering behind making a super efficient ball bearing and one that can live 900K + miles would be a extreme task.. maybe they are already this efficient but I wonder if more importantance should be put on the efficiency of the bearing?... Now we wouldn't need rigs rolling so freely that new drivers would be smoking breaks left and right but a happy medium leaning towards a more free resistance...

PS THANKS RAWZE U BE THE MAN! NOW I FINALLY KNOW WHAT THE INSIDE OF MY HUBS LOOK LIKE :)
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: uploaded some new Videos - Kid Rock - 03-25-2016
RE: uploaded some new Videos - Unilevers - 04-10-2016,
RE: uploaded some new Videos - Unilevers - 04-10-2016,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.