Excessive crankcase pressure?
12-16-2017, (Subject: Excessive crankcase pressure? ) 
RE: Excessive crankcase pressure?
First two pictures are cm570, when you actually can see a light between head and front gear housing. So it is easy tell you have a leak from cam seals. It leaks a bit from front gear cover though. There 2.3 mil mies on this engine. Low blowby from tube.

3 and for are cm870 with 1.3mil miles and it started leaking oil a lot last 2k miles like your story.
Removed exhaust flex pipe to see back side of an engine because had large leak from outside "clutch housing" - so assume now the source of it is cam covers. Cleaned it .Run a truck for a while and it looked like it comes from cam covers.
Also had a leak originated (pic3) above oil cooler housing. Mean oil was going down on the cooler from above. It was not looking like oil cooler gasket.
Lastly pic 4 there is a lot of oil above air compressor next to fuel coolant plate ( or ECM coolant plate ) Removed both ecm and coolant plate and found nothing.

So Rawze once said to me that my head is done. Did some research and I believe you might have similar issue.
The oil leak i have have developed fairly quickly and sometimes truck runs like there in no oil in it ( Mean runs noisy.
Blowby fairly visible and when it sits running for the night I have an oil stain under the tube.(sometimes as big as tennis ball sometimes as basketball )

What I have learned from Rawze videos and website seems like when the head is worn out it vibrates a lot a you have an oil leak all over the engine.
Also poped up the rocker cover and looked for anything and found nothing.

Because I resued old gasket I believe it did not seal as strong as new one so had some leaks around cover but thightened it more and more.
Which makes me to a conclusion that there is a lot of crankcase pressure that goes up through oil drip channel.
Finally when I just covered the rocker cover without tightening it down at all had oil leaks around it all over - basicly like exhaust gasses going through cover.
Spend a lot of time reading and learning on worn out engine so would like just to share it with others.
If you have similar symptoms just stop driving and inframe it.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: dhirocz , Sergiu

Messages In This Thread
RE: Excessive crankcase pressure? - ktbtrucking - 12-16-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.