Excessive crankcase pressure?
12-17-2017, (Subject: Excessive crankcase pressure? ) 
RE: Excessive crankcase pressure?
I'll be headed back towards the house this tomorrow. Ran out of time in MA so I need to take a 34.

I actually was about to post about excessive noise. That kind of bothers me now...I was planning to do a number of things to include replace the air compressor...it's been getting noisy, and replace the valve cover gasket. While I was at it, I was going to run the overhead again and wear check the head.

Problem is, while I verified the compressor is part of my noise issue, I know it's not all of it...I was actually about to post about piston slap.

Guess I need to go do those repairs, check the head and see where I'm at. I was hoping to wait until springtime to do the engine. I'll get those parts replaced and see what it looks like afterwards and make a judgement call.

Yes it is starting to run noisy. Some of it is the compressor, just not sure how much. I don't like it. Blowby has increased...even at idle...to the point I can visibly see it when it warms up coming out the drip tube.Oil pressure is still good, and I would expect it to be, seeing as it got 6 dimes and a bearing roll at 685k when it got new cams and @m*m^2. It's at 730k now.

I know I can check the clearance from the detent as an indicator of wear in the head before it decides to let go. Are there any other indicators I need to be checking for besides this?

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Excessive crankcase pressure? - dhirocz - 12-17-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.