Insite cylinder cutout test
03-27-2016, (Subject: Insite cylinder cutout test ) 
RE: Insite cylinder cutout test
That statement comes form a pick-up truck forum and the guy is referring to a 6.7 litre dodge pickup truck engine!. Those things are not even wet-sleeve engines!. Besides that I STILL THINK IT IS UTTER BULLSHIT! -- FIRE THE ENGINE ON EACH INJECTOR ONE AT A TIME TO ENSURE THEY ARE OPERATING WELL!

A CLASS-8 ENGINE HAS A CORRECTIVE IDLE GOVERNER. -- A 6.7 LITRE ENGINE DOES NOT! -- They do not even respond the same when there is a misfire.

- You should also get with someone who has a known good working copy of Insite to do a proper test on the injectors. Listening to subtleties by cutting out only one at a time is almost always completely useless and leads you to believe in ghosts. i cannot count the number of times I have heard mechanics say shi#t like that, only to find the actual problems later, after the truck owner wasted a lot of money. An ISX is NOT a redneck pick-up truck engine!.

I said my peace, I am not about to perpetuate those kinds of statements. It leads people who do not know any better down a path chasing ghosts and wasting money.

I had one once that would not run for crap on cylinder #2. It would even stall the engine sometimes when firing it on only that injector. All other cylinders ran and fired great otherwise. We swapped the injector into number 4, and guess what! -- Number 2 still ran like crap!. It was wear in the valve seat/head that caused it. The guy just kept driving it like that for another few months, even though he was warned that it could come apart at any time. He eventually had to replace the head because his fuel mileage kept going down more and more.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Insite cylinder cutout test - Rawze - 03-27-2016
RE: Insite cylinder cutout test - Unilevers - 03-28-2016,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.