Best coolant to run in the isx?
12-22-2017, (Subject: Best coolant to run in the isx? ) 
Best coolant to run in the isx?
Not used to running anything other than good ol' ethylene glycol, the green stuff.

I always buy concentrate and put it in around 60-70% strength, and it has never let me down. I always keep the filter changed, and flush it anytime there is an issue.

Now I have cross contamination with the red stuff, thanks to running in transit heat on a trailer out of MA that was supposed to be clean. It wasn't. Now my coolant looks like some gross bloody mess, and I just flushed it too.

Now I've never been a fan of anything else. I remember working as a gm tech almost 20 years ago, and remember when dexcool came out. It ended up separating in the system, the liquid steamed out the minute there was an issue and it was not water soluble. It left huge coffee grind like deposits in the radiator and engine, and usually was fixed with a combination of thermostat replacement, aggressive flush and a new radiator filled with glycol. No more issues.

...times have changed. I still run glycol in everything I own. Am I leaving anything on the table? And no, I haven't been sampling coolant, I just flushed it before this. I know. Im bad... So how does it compare?

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Best coolant to run in the isx? - dhirocz - 12-22-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.