Need help
01-02-2018, (Subject: Need help ) 
RE: Need help
True, and I've been a little lax in the record keeping end of things. I would be curious to know if there is an "average" fuel savings to go from 24.5" to 22.5" tires. Keeping in mind the cost of a set of rims and tires, it would be an interesting comparison. As in how long would it take to offset the purchase price with fuel savings.

I get frustrated with spending a couple days in the shop, going over the truck nose to tail, wrench wrench wrench, and day 1 on the trip the check engine light comes on, day 2 the AC belt is junk again.....

Now with ELD's its a new style of running, it's even harder to slow down, because you still need to make miles. Trust me I do try to listen to the advice you give, it's very good advice, but it's hard wearing so many hats. Driver, mechanic, operating cost adviser, log book filler outer, laundry technician, shop organizer/clean up.....y'all are the same, just saying it's hard being a one man band.

I think next up for me is a top set, and possibly pressure check the CAC and motor, cylinder balance tests, cylinder temp tests, and anything else you recommend, I need to get this ol' ragamuffin running as smooth as I can. Fuel costs are huge in this industry.

User's Signature: I have no idea what I’m doing and probably need supervising
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
Need help - ISX victim - 01-01-2018,
RE: Need help - ISX victim - 01-01-2018,
RE: Need help - Rawze - 01-02-2018,
RE: Need help - Waterloo - 01-02-2018,
RE: Need help - Rawze - 01-02-2018,
RE: Need help - DDlighttruck - 01-02-2018
RE: Need help - Rawze - 01-03-2018,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.