Need help
01-03-2018, (Subject: Need help ) 
RE: Need help
(01-02-2018 )DDlighttruck Wrote:  True, and I've been a little lax in the record keeping end of things. I would be curious to know if there is an "average" fuel savings to go from 24.5" to 22.5" tires. Keeping in mind the cost of a set of rims and tires, it would be an interesting comparison. As in how long would it take to offset the purchase price with fuel savings.

I get frustrated with spending a couple days in the shop, going over the truck nose to tail, wrench wrench wrench, and day 1 on the trip the check engine light comes on, day 2 the AC belt is junk again.....

Now with ELD's its a new style of running, it's even harder to slow down, because you still need to make miles. Trust me I do try to listen to the advice you give, it's very good advice, but it's hard wearing so many hats. Driver, mechanic, operating cost adviser, log book filler outer, laundry technician, shop organizer/clean up.....y'all are the same, just saying it's hard being a one man band.

I think next up for me is a top set, and possibly pressuand what trends keep haunting O/O's out there as they grow or shrink with trucking in general.re check the CAC and motor, cylinder balance tests, cylinder temp tests, and anything else you recommend, I need to get this ol' ragamuffin running as smooth as I can. Fuel costs are huge in this industry.

Yes, it is hard to keep after when your doing things right. BTW I don't make such rants to pick on anyone,.... but more to create an awareness as sort of a 'hot sauce' wake-up shout to what I see happening in general. If it gets some people thinking and on a track to better success then that is the goal.

- As far as it being a non-stop chase to glory,.. your absolutely right. My own rule of thumb is that whenever the wheels stop turning on my own truck, it gets wrenched on until all issues are met,.. then it is an additional 3 days of doing nothing before getting back into it again. That is how I keep my own sanity so that i can at least enjoy life once in a while too. It is not for everyone. (reference) - http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid19465

The "24.5 tall" to "22.5 low-pro" thing will depend heavily on how heavy of freight you haul. That is the biggest factor in rolling resistance for tires when all other conditions are optimized. For a heavier truck (70-80,000 lb + , I would likely guess you would easily gain 0.5 - 0.7 mpg after the 22.5 low-roll tires settled in. On the other hand, someone who hauls light freight would likely hardly see any difference at all.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Ragindirt , Waterloo , DDlighttruck

Messages In This Thread
Need help - ISX victim - 01-01-2018,
RE: Need help - ISX victim - 01-01-2018,
RE: Need help - Rawze - 01-02-2018,
RE: Need help - Waterloo - 01-02-2018,
RE: Need help - Rawze - 01-02-2018,
RE: Need help - DDlighttruck - 01-02-2018,
RE: Need help - Rawze - 01-03-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.