Correcting a Demandated cm870. Need help, Please.
01-20-2018, (Subject: Correcting a Demandated cm870. Need help, Please. ) 
RE: Correcting a Demandated cm870. Need help, Please.
I figured I'd just tell you what I've ran in to so far so you can guide people for help accordingly. That's what I believe your intentions for this site have been. I have ABSOLUTELY NO need to gossip.

I have no problem with Unilevers not responding. I figured he's just a busy guy. And thank you for the heads up on Mommaburt. He's already reached out to me on his own. I'm gonna contact him today and hopefully right all the wrong sh1t I've blindly done. I'll keep an update.

I get the legal ramifications so I understand what I'm asking someone to help me with. Thanks to the guys willing to help. It's completely my risk to run this way. Almost 5 years at this point hiding the obvious from DOT and doing business with everyone except where the US ends including the north south border and also not going over the western border (surprisingly the US ends at the AZ, NV, OR state lines)

Now this Chris guy. I've been stuck dealing with him since I've called their shop 2 weeks ago. When I called down there, I spoke with a nice woman that says they can help and she then tells me I'm going to get a call back from a cell #. I didn't get a call back from anyone till late the next day. Which was weird to me for a business, but hey, it may be an overly busy shop or guy.

Chris and I spoke, he said he'd do what I needed done and that we'll do it Saturday at the shop. In our conversation I mentioned that I was recommended from Rawze.com. He quickly mumbled something like "Ya, well he's..." then mumbled the rest. I took it as he didn't like someone or something on this site but that's none of my concern. So I pressed on. Friday night rolled around and Chris texted me around 6 to cancel getting together the next day cause he has personal things happening. Family matters, so I agreed and told him I'd contact him Monday.
I texted him Monday just to call me so we can reschedule when he gets a chance. No response. I did the same Tuesday. No response. I figured my phone was messing up sending texts to him. I called him Wednesday morning and he called right back at 10 am said he was on his way to work and snow had him screwed up. He said he would call me back as soon as he got there so I could give him some info on my truck/engine to get things started. I again never received a phone call. Thursday rolls around I call and leave him a detailed message of what I need done and for him to call back to reschedule. No response. Friday morning I called again (at this point I really despise being a burden if it's not wanted so to me constantly nagging at someone with no response is screaming at me to just stop, they don't want to deal with me) He answered the phone and said he was having car trouble. Someone serviced his wife's car and left the oil plug loose and all the oil drained out but it appeared the car was still able to run. He said he's busy dealing with that and he'd call me back when he got to the shop. This screamed to me to be bullsh1t again.

#1 What self respecting well educated tech. would take a car to a shop to change the oil in the wife's car (unless brand new or warranty, I get that) #2 take it to a shop that would leave a drain plug loose and fall out the next day (Alright, even the best shops have sh1t happen, Okay...) #3 would be panicked like it was going to ruin the whole day for them if it did happen. You just call the shop that did the work, tow the car somewhere to deal with it later and move on with your day. It's a car not a tractor trailer. In his field he deals with helping and repairing units 10 times bigger than a car with 10 times the size of the problem of a car with an oil plug that fell out...

He never called me back... that's when I posted on here hoping for any kind of new avenue to go down.

Again I'm assuming because this guy is a shop foreman (according to their website) that he would be able to handle his personal life and most of his responsibilities as a shop foreman during work hours.

Now with all that said I have a pretty good idea of what kind of guy he is. Just because I worked in, with and around all kinds mechanics for years when I was strictly a diesel tech. I understand and know exactly who and what kind of people the diesel repair industry attracts. I will be moving away from dealing with him and probably that shop.

Now I'm assuming this Gearhead guy is probably the other tech they list on their site. If it isn't, I apologize, i'm only guessing. I've tried to PM Gearhead on here but your site says it's not a valid name. Without knowing anything else there is no way to contact Gearhead directly. I willing to bet he's 1 of those great techs that knows his sh1t and just happens to live in an area that is known to treat good techs like toilet paper. I live around Carlisle, PA and it's a huge trucking hub in the U.S. and it's shops are polluted and good techs just get buried in the mess. This has always been a huge complaint of mine. I firmly believe in training your techs to the best of their ability, paying them accordingly, treat them as an asset not an expense, hold them accountable for their mistakes and take time to teach them how to recover from and stop further similar mistakes from happening.

I've had a few guys PM saying they're running in to the same problem as me. Unilevers doesn't answer(again, nothing bad is meant by this) and the Price shop and probably specifically chris isn't returning their calls or messages.

I just saw 1 guys post on here with a Mack ecm that was debating on sending his ecm from canada to their shop. I'd like to tell him about what I've dealt with. Because I'd hate to see that guy take the huge risk of mailing the ecm internationally only to find out it lands in a currently cluster fuct of a shop. I completely understand how nerve racking sending the brain of your truck to someone is. That's where my headaches all started 4 years ago. I sent my ecm to 1 of those Ebay guys (M with some #'s after Performance) Big mistake for me but it was 2013 and not a lot of people where recommending good places to stop the soot machine on my engine from running wild.

I did not write all this to bash or be a dick to anyone. It's just an account of what I've ran into.

The End...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: ian2021

Messages In This Thread
RE: Correcting a Demandated cm870. Need help, Please. - Chamberpains - 01-20-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.