ISX CM2350 trouble maintaining temp
01-21-2018, (Subject: ISX CM2350 trouble maintaining temp ) 
RE: ISX CM2350 trouble maintaining temp
(01-21-2018 )Moose Wrote:  
(01-21-2018 )trucklogger2 Wrote:  Can you try idling up to 900 or 1000 and also cover your grill up with a winterfront or cardboard during the night? You"ll benefit with better oil pressure also.

Check your coolant for temp rating. (freezing point).

I was trying not to have to resort to a winterfront or high idle. If I have to spend that kind of money I'll get a Webasto and just not run the motor. I haven't looked at the fuel consumption numbers but it has to still be less than idling it that high.

Coolant was reused & tested for freeze, SCA & Ph when we did the t-stat. It only has around 50k on it.

I was just throwing the problem out there in hopes that others have had similar issues and it was a known fix.

If you are looking for a quick fix go get a vasectomy. In the meantime check your coolant hoses from your engine to your water valve. Hot or just warm? If hot your problem is water valve or dump door or in your cab. Are the sleeper hoses the same? Must be. You will have to look at your thermostat again otherwise.
Idle at 700 is stupid

User's Signature: 36-25-34
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ISX CM2350 trouble maintaining temp - trucklogger2 - 01-21-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.