Help please. ?
03-27-2016, (Subject: Help please. ? ) 
Help please. ?
First let me say I joined 2 months ago when I bought my 07 isx. The info I have learned of this site is invaluable, I cannot ever thank or repay this knowledge enough. I did a tuneup ( thanks to you guys) replaced I map sensor (still have to do the rest ) and lots of tinkering . Hoping to do the ... when my inline comes in . 10 days ago I took out my genset lines ,they were old never thought nothing of it and replaced them . 2 days later took the rad out on the genset and I was going to replace it anyways it was pretty rough shape. Last night I was pulling a empty super bee though some little hills come around a corner put my foot in her a bit and she did hiccup though the breathers ( 1450 rpm roughy). So I stopped checked everything out and it seemed ok . So I started watching very close ran good for about 2 miles . Then Lost all my boost I could not get it to spool if it did 15 lbs tops . So I stopped again .

Here is what I found
No antifreeze in oil , no oil in antifreeze, down a half gallon of antifreeze , did not heat up at all, no air in surge tank , air to air side of turbo clean.
So I dropped my trailers and started to limp back to town got about 15 miles, ran good exept for the turbo. Then she shut down , would not go over 1000 rpm so I pulled over shut her down . It pushed about half a gallon of antifreeze out. It was also smoking could not tell if it was white or not ( it was to dark out to tell) .
I spent to night there. I got up and was going to leave the truck and tow it in . I figured I fire it up and see what it does ( being that I was still 5 miles till phone service or town) it ran good again ( no boost ) limped it in and shut it down, here I sit . No smoke out of the stacks bringing it in .
I did find a slight antifreeze leak on a old hose ( I have new ones in the truck waiting to got home to change out all of them.
Antifreeze level is right full I overfilled when I stopped the first time that might expain the antifreeze it pushed out .
What I don't understand is if its the air comp, or a head / gasket why it's derating so bad .
I have read the other form on this . That's what got me stumped
Any ideas Thank you for any help or knowledge any body can share .
500 isx 9900i

:waaaht::s
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Help please. ? - the missing link - 03-27-2016
RE: Help please. ? - Waterloo - 03-27-2016,
RE: Help please. ? - Hedley - 03-27-2016,
RE: Help please. ? - hhow55 - 03-27-2016,
RE: Help please. ? - Hedley - 03-28-2016,
RE: Help please. ? - Rawze - 03-27-2016,
RE: Help please. ? - Rawze - 03-27-2016,
RE: Help please. ? - gearhead - 03-28-2016,
RE: Help please. ? - in2trux - 03-29-2016,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.