Help please. ?
03-27-2016, (Subject: Help please. ? ) 
RE: Help please. ?
I just do not like to see anyone make more problems than they already have. hopefully it is not the turbo, but when someone says they can hardly get the truck to go, it is always good to advise people on the possibility of further damage. i have seen people take out their injectors or worse,.. pistons of such seemingly simply things.

I would also replace the exhaust back-pressure sensor if it is old before pulling the turbo apart, just to be sure it is not that. I have seen them cause the turbo to go to very high positions and do similar things, but it is usually is not that extreme. I even heard of one case that someone reported a long time ago on this forum where they went through replacing several turbochargers because of that sensor alone.

Pulling the turbo apart and giving it a good inspection is bet=st though if you can manage it. That way you know what you got for sure.

if you end up pulling it apart and inspecting it, and your not sure of the travel range, watch the video closely at around 23 minutes in I think, I show well, what the range should be. Ensure it moves freely all the way to both places that I show in the video.

Be sure to have a laptop with Insite handy before putting it back together if you do take it apart.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help please. ? - Waterloo - 03-27-2016,
RE: Help please. ? - Hedley - 03-27-2016,
RE: Help please. ? - hhow55 - 03-27-2016,
RE: Help please. ? - Hedley - 03-28-2016,
RE: Help please. ? - Rawze - 03-27-2016,
RE: Help please. ? - Rawze - 03-27-2016
RE: Help please. ? - gearhead - 03-28-2016,
RE: Help please. ? - in2trux - 03-29-2016,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.