DD15 blown APT
01-26-2018, (Subject: DD15 blown APT ) 
RE: DD15 blown APT
(01-26-2018 )CFR__AND_SONS Wrote:  
(01-26-2018 )Nilao Wrote:  If your dd15 is like the one I used to have the turbo should be fine as the APT is downstream from the turbo. The turbos on the dd15 is a fixed valve model so no nozzle ring to worry with getting gummed up. I would just have him clean it and reinstall.

Now as far as the oil getting into the one box..I hate to be the bearer of bad news but one oil penetrated the filters they are toast. They usually crack once the oil hits them due to thermal shock. So those will likely need to be replaced and are usually worthless for core charges.

Ok thanks. I have reconcidered replacing the turbo do the fact that the filters will most likely need replacing. They took the box off and gallons of oil are dripping out. This whole thing is becoming almost as expensive as an inframe. I'm considering deleting the whole thing but I'm in California...

Oh gross!
Sorry, I'm of no help, but seeing that oil coming out of the DPF like that is just painful.
Sorry.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
DD15 blown APT - CFR__AND_SONS - 01-26-2018,
RE: DD15 blown APT - Nilao - 01-26-2018,
RE: DD15 blown APT - Hammerhead - 01-26-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.