Repeated Turbo Failures
01-30-2018, (Subject: Repeated Turbo Failures ) 
RE: Repeated Turbo Failures
I appreciate the feedback guys. Now you have to forgive my ignorance here for a second. When you say de-mandated what exactly do you mean? I did just have the dpf and egr eliminated. We found that the filter was broken up and the cost to replace it with a new was about the same as the deletion. Today the tech who did the deletion said he thinks the blow by and crankcase pressure could really be wearing the seals out. My question is that could the seals wear out in a week?? On the other occasions it took at least a month or two.

I have spoken to some other guys on a different thread during the summer about my blow by issue. I tried adding 1 gallon of gear oil to my oil. That didn’t help much. I bought a maintenance free filter and still got a lot of crankcase pressure. What has seemed to help the most was drilling a 1 inch hole in the standard filter and I started adding 2 gallons of Lucas and 9 gallons of oil. This was all before the deletion though. I do not have overhaul money.

Initially, I thought the deletion would help with the blow by. Other than the turbo leaking oil the truck is running great. I got more power. Was told the the truck would breathe better. I recently found a product that claims to help with the blow by issue. It’s a 2 step chemical process. Claims to get the built up carbon off of the pistons with 1 chemical you add to the fuel and the other you add to the oil to flush the debris out. I’m not completely sold but I’m considering it. I’m leary because the company is from..... wait for it........Australia. Yikes!!

{deleted}
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Repeated Turbo Failures - Tmaj12k - 01-30-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.