EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself
01-04-2020, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself
(01-04-2020 )Magard Wrote:  
(01-03-2020 )mikeyjtrans Wrote:  hi there,
im new to rawze's page but it comes highly recommended all over the place. i do have diesel mechanic background although not certified. most of my experience is pickups and such but still learning my way through the software part of the bigger stuff, i am a fast learner and really want to learn to go about things the proper way and i seen someone post on the forum you might be able to help me out...

the problem...

i have an 07 379 ex that came with a cm870, but it had a previous motor swap that seems a little strange to me.
You say egr removed and block off plates. Is there a water bypass tube put on in its place. Are you trying to cook the back of the engine?

Its an 870. the 870 (only) can get away cooler plated off, though I don't like to see it. - even state police these days will fine the f#$k out of you out in texas if they see it .. I'd say leave put it back on just to make it all look stock if nothing else.

mikeyjtrans,
BTWE: your problems have already been explained to you here ( http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid48435 ) -- what you describe sounds exactly like the problem with dumping in programs and not editing the ram memory properly. That or the program was corrupted by CT (or some other software)itself. - IT IS THE MOST COMMON THING that 870's do! -- THE 870 is the only version of the ISX that has this problem.. they changed and fixed these things it in all later isx versions!.

-- NO, no one on here is going to tell you the exact 'push this button and set this param to X'. NOT because they want to hide it,. IT IS NO SECRET, but because its proprietary info that can get a forum shut down,.. it is not allowed on the forum openly. -- BUT generalizations of but where to look,.. what to look for,.. and everything else CAN be discussed. Specific details,.. well that is what my mumble chat server is for, like others have mentioned.

Think of 'neo' in the matrix,.. someone can show you the door,. but only you can walk thru it... 'free your mind' and start looking past that box you have been confining yourself to.

read, read, and re-read, learn and get on my mumble server if u have to,.. it is up to you, no one else to learn it the hard way just like you said.. they started out the same damn way. - One advantage you have though .. is that you found this place,,.. and now are as close to 'the source' as you can possibly get by being here on this forum. - There is nothing much inside that thing that I cannot explain in as much detail as someone wants to go into, all the way down that rabbit hole to its end. I have had my hand in these same types of computer and control systems + engines since the days green-screen computers, most those guys on those tuning forums were still in diapers.

Why do I do this freely and openly,.. BECAUSE I AM SICK OF TRUCK OWNERS COMING TO MY FORUM WITH MESSED UP ENGINES BY THE HUNDREDS EACH YEAR!!- IT IS A PLAGUE IN OUR INDUSTRY AND SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE NEEDS TO TAKE A STAND AGAINST IT!!! - I DO NOT LIKE BEING THE MOPP-UP CREW FOR BAD-DELETE-R-US.COM!!!, yet it seems,.. there is no one else out there much that wants to take that hard road and bother to solve it, so here I am.

LASTLY: This is NOT an engine tuning forum,,. it is a truck owner's personal website/forum (my own), and all are welcome to discuss / exchange help with their trucks, fuel and other efficiencies, good trucking habits, etc. .. engine tuning and ecm problems are just occasionally one part of that discussion, but not the primary focus.. there are vastly more important things that truck owners have to worry about than just their engine programming.

- Generalizing is great, everyone learns what road/path to follow, but the more specific engine tuning talk, its higher details, and those "where to look and what to do" kinds of things from this forum should be discussion with others on my mumble, not here.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Waterloo , Magard , mikeyjtrans , Brock

Messages In This Thread
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself - Unilevers - 04-30-2019,
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself - Rawze - 01-04-2020
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself - Unilevers - 01-05-2020,
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself - Unilevers - 04-26-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.