A real head scratcher !!
02-22-2018, (Subject: A real head scratcher !! ) 
RE: A real head scratcher !!
(02-21-2018 )tree98 Wrote:  ... I'm having a buddy turn some rollers down on a lathe so I can put new shoes on this pile for now...

If you have to turn the rollers down, and everything works as it should, then the only possible issue is the S-Cam.
If you DID NOT change the S-Cam, then some time in the past one incorrect one was installed, perhaps with a non-Q-Plus set of shoes, as I suspect based on the pic you posted. Once the shoes are worn telling the difference is difficult, because the wear hides the obvious.

In this photo you posted, these two spacings DO NOT appear equal. It would have been better to place the shoes roller end to roller end instead of roller to anchor pin end. It's darn near impossible to measure this from a pic, but an increase in length of this measurement would require Q+ S-Cams because the web portion of the Q+ is smaller, as stated by Unilevers. He has the web measurements of standard and Q+ so that is what I would verify.

The likelihood of a bent spider is very low. And if the spider was bent, that would cause shoe to drum friction face alignment issues, not diameter clearance/installation issues.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A real head scratcher !! - Unilevers - 02-20-2018,
RE: A real head scratcher !! - Unilevers - 02-21-2018,
RE: A real head scratcher !! - Hammerhead - 02-22-2018
RE: A real head scratcher !! - Unilevers - 02-25-2018,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.