Isx15 cm 2250 fuel pump and a turbo question
02-21-2018, (Subject: Isx15 cm 2250 fuel pump and a turbo question ) 
Isx15 cm 2250 fuel pump and a turbo question
I have an ISX15 cm2250 in my truck. The build date on the engine is June 21, 2012. The ESN is 79592365. I have been doing a lot of reading about these engines. This is the first truck I've had with an ISX.

I read the horror stories about the 3 cylinder fuel pumps on these engines. I looked on my engine and it has a 3 cylinder pump. Unless I misunderstand Cummins Quickserve I thought when you entered your ran that it showed what parts your engine with a 2 cylinder fuel pump. Also from what I read I thought from the build date and ESN number that it should have a 2 cylinder pump.

From the information I got from before I owned this truck the engine was overhauled at 482,000 miles. I'm not sure what the reason for the overhaul was. The truck now has 698,755 miles on it. Should I change the fuel pump as soon as I can afford it? Am I misunderstanding that it should've had a 2 cylinder pump?

On a Facebook group I saw someone say that if you rev your engine up while stationary and it makes boost that the turbo is getting bad. On mine it'll make 15 psi boost and then the best drops if you hold it at about 1500 rpm. I was just curious if that was true and I'm going to have to replace the turbo in the future. The turbo is painted red with a lot of the paint chipped off. It might be the original.

I just became an owner operator in January so I'm limited on funds right now. Would like to not spend money right now I don't have to. Can't really afford big repairs at this point.

Forgot to mention. The engine still has the mandate installed. Also no check engine lights or codes.

Thanks.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Isx15 cm 2250 fuel pump and a turbo question - aaronb - 02-21-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.