2013 ISX15 CM2350 EGR Tune & Coolant Leak
03-07-2018, (Subject: 2013 ISX15 CM2350 EGR Tune & Coolant Leak ) 
2013 ISX15 CM2350 EGR Tune & Coolant Leak
So I'm quite new to this engine and finding Rawze's forum has a been a God send for sure.

We purchased a 2014 Pete in Nov. 2017, with a 2013 ISX15 CM2350 engine. What I do know about the truck is that it was well maintained, very clean, in and out. What I now know, thanks to Rawze, is that the EGR Cooler, Doser, and Nox sensor had be replaced, but specifically when, not sure. Yesterday, I replaced the IMAP sensor, considering how caked up it was there's NO WAY it was closely doing its job. Today I will replace the DeltaP and EGR Temp sensor.

Now here's my question, the intake on this engine is significantly larger than the one in Rawze's video that he removes and cleans, mine runs almost the length of the engine front to rear. SHOULD I remove it and clean it? It appears to be quite daunting and I want to make sure I'm not going to open up a "can-of-worms" in the process.

Also, I have a coolant leak, somewhere. I smell it, but can't see it. I did have a leaky coolant filter gasket and thought that was the problem and I replaced it, but I'm still smelling coolant. It's leaking to the tune of maybe a gallon per month/month and a half. Of course my natural concern is the EGR cooler, but again, it was replaced, that's obvious because it's not Cummins red. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Finally, I had been getting a "High Fuel Leakage" fault, it stayed on a day or so and went off, then back on a few days later, then back off again, etc. Had no visual fuel leakage at all, nothing. Truck was and continues to run fine, no lag. As I don't have Insite software, I took into the shop for them to hook it up to the computer. Initially, they said they did get a pressure drop, but digging further into the investigation found nothing leaking, but did find out that the ECM was requesting updates. They installed the updates, I drove for 3 weeks or so, same fault comes back again, but again, goes off. I was told that fault could be caused by a number of different things, don't know if that's true or not. Only thing I do know is that I'm not loosing power, i.e. a bad injector or fuel pressure loss, etc. Anyone have any ideas about this?

Thanks in advance for any and all opinions.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
2013 ISX15 CM2350 EGR Tune & Coolant Leak - kozakvod - 03-07-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.