Boost gauge and hypermiling theory
03-09-2018, (Subject: Boost gauge and hypermiling theory ) 
RE: Boost gauge and hypermiling theory
(03-08-2018 )Magard Wrote:  My needle is violent under hard load. Thought that was just normal. Is it of major concern.

No this is not normal.
Is it a mechanical or electronic gauge?
If it is an electronic gauge, then you may have a sending unit issue, wiring issue or bad gauge.
If it is a mechanical gauge, then verify the gauge is functioning correctly.
If the gauge is working correctly, then you have an issue in the charge air system that needs to be diagnosed, because the boost pressure should remain steady at a given rpm/work load/throttle position.
Based on what you're describing, it sounds like something on the intake tract, under pressure is opening and once the pressure is relieved slightly closing, and repeating this cycle rapidly and the gauge is showing it. If this is actually happening, you should hear audible air leak pulses from under the hood if you roll your window down. If it is a mechanical gauge, inspect the gauge signal hose closely.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boost gauge and hypermiling theory - Hammerhead - 03-09-2018
RE: Boost gauge and hypermiling theory - Unilevers - 03-09-2018,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.