Coolant hose is not a "coolant" hose...
03-24-2018, (Subject: Coolant hose is not a "coolant" hose... ) 
Coolant hose is not a "coolant" hose...
Truck is back together, air compressor is installed. Yesterday I hook up the AirLift to fill the cooling system, but discover I am losing vacuum at the block where the hose from the bottom of the coolant jug goes into the block. It is the hose, the end is cracked under the clamp. So, I removed, the hose, it has around 1 million miles on her.

Call dealer, say what is the deal with this funky looking hose, as it has a weave on the outside, like a high pressure hose. This guy, not my normal guy, tells me it is just standard heater hose. So, I replace with a good piece of Gates hose, go to fill and the thing collapses and kinks, uh oh. Would not allow me to properly fill.

So I call dealer back, get my parts guy, he says it is a high pressure power steering hose and that he does not have any. It is a 1" id hose, very stiff but flexible and does not collapse. Of course this was right around 5pm on a Friday... Parker store was closed already, boss is screaming for me to get back to work as he has no drivers, as we are all broke down...

Anyone know about this power steering/coolant hose on the ProStar? Parker my best shot for Monday morning? Have called the few big truck places, they do not stock, all say Parker.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Coolant hose is not a "coolant" hose... - Waterloo - 03-24-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.