Fan Cycling Problem.
04-02-2018, (Subject: Fan Cycling Problem. ) 
Fan Cycling Problem.
I've got an issue with my fan on my 08 KW T660 ISX. Most of the time it works normally, only cycling when engine coolant temp goes to like 210 BUT once and a while it has a "fit" where it engages for no reason and will run for say 10-20 seconds, cuts out and only a few seconds later cuts in and repeats this for 3-4 cycles. It does it weather the AC or defrost is on or off, all temps will be normal operating. It also kicks on the "fan on" light on the dash and because of that, I feel like the ECM is commanding the fan on. I've changed the air fan solenoid on the side of the HVAC box and i've checked connections to the High pressure AC switch, the switch near the AC compressor, Intake Air sensor and coolant level sensor on the coolant tank all with no indications of bad wires, plugs etc.

Since my Inline 6 will be here today, is there a way to use Insite to monitor what is triggering the fan on while i'm going down the road so i can catch the problem as it's happening and diagnose the issue?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Fan Cycling Problem. - Matt - 04-02-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.