Is it worth it to add a davco?
04-16-2018, (Subject: Is it worth it to add a davco? ) 
RE: Is it worth it to add a davco?
I don't know about the other stuff, but...

(04-15-2018 )dhirocz Wrote:  ... Also, even if I set up the truck for tank heating while on a 34, wouldn't the fuel between the tanks and the davco still gel up and interfere with fuel flow?

It would have to get aweful cold for the fuel to gel inside the lines.
The most common place for fuel to gel is in the filter media, because the peraffin wax molecules congeal together and become larger than the media pores, thus reducing the filters flow capacity.
Even when you look inside tanks with gelled fuel, once the suction draws it into the lines the friction breaks it back up and it will flow...all the way to the filter media where it causes the real problem.
It rarely gets that cold, even in CO. And if it does, 20-30 gallons of #1 will cut the fuel more than enough.
I run 80/20 or 60/40 % (#2/#1) down to -20°C or -30°C respectively and very rarely have issues.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , dhirocz , Waterloo , rrod , Chamberpains , JMBT

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it worth it to add a davco? - Hammerhead - 04-16-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.