Injector leak test
04-10-2016, (Subject: Injector leak test ) 
RE: Injector leak test
(04-10-2016 )Coco620 Wrote:  
(04-10-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  I did a leak-down test on mine just before pulling the engine apart. It leaked pretty good on the back 3 injectors when cranking, but even after jumping out of the truck and turning it by hane rioght away as fast as I could,... i could not fine it for the same reason. -- Sometimes it is difficult to find.

-- I decided to simply replace all 3 back injectors together because they had 955,000 miles on them. i will replace the front three at a later date, they are not leaky yet.

The reason I could not find it, is that it would not make enough compression in the leaky cylinder when turning the engine by hand for it to leak good. It is sometimes simply the result of wear in the motor that makes them hard to find. Also, an engine that is completely cooled off, and not at least still somewhat warm will have more trouble maintaining compression when you turn it by hand too.

Thank you Rawze, I am going to try again this morning, if I can't see it would you recommend I fo the same? Replace baclk 3? Truck just turned 500,000 but it had an evil tune since almost new,doing lower end in two weeks.

If it is leaking a lot,.. the yes, it is not a bad investment.

If it is only leaking a tiny bit,.. then it would come down to whatever makes you comfortable.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Injector leak test - Coco620 - 04-09-2016,
RE: Injector leak test - mkmac - 04-09-2016,
RE: Injector leak test - Unilevers - 04-09-2016,
RE: Injector leak test - Rawze - 04-10-2016,
RE: Injector leak test - Rawze - 04-10-2016
RE: Injector leak test - Unilevers - 04-12-2016,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.