Alignments, Odd Tire wear, etc.
05-11-2018, (Subject: Alignments, Odd Tire wear, etc. ) 
RE: Alignments, Odd Tire wear, etc.
What kind of trucking operation? -- How much city vs highway? How many miles on tires? weight on front end most of the time?

EVERY TRUCK WITH PERFECT/DECENT FRONT END ALIGNMENT WILL TYPICALLY WEAR OUT THE OUTER PASSENGER SIDE TIRE AND THE INNER DRIVERS SIDE TIRE EDGES!!!!! ---

How fast it happens depends on how many right turns you make during the tires life. I.E.> YOU WILL ALWAYS MAKE REALLY TIGHT SCRUBBING RIGHT TURNS, BUT HARDLY EVER MAKE SCRUBBING HARD LEFT TURNS when driving around on city streets etc. and that will always cause that type of tire wear.

When you pull out into an intersection to make a turn.. you always pull as far out as you can, then cut the wheel as hard as you can to avoid hitting the right curb with the trailer... when you make a left turn, you always do so gently, as the other lane is allowing for a lot more room of the trailer as it turns. -- HENCE... Scrubbing right turns.. and gentle left turns .. -== equals -== worn out edges on the one side of both steer tires (inner drivers and outer passengers).

If your tires made it more than 100k miles, or you are making a lot of turns in city environments, -- YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME AND CHASING GHOSTS TRYING TO FIX IT!.

First, determine if they wore out prematurely, or if you wore them out. Tires don't last forever no matter what you do.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alignments, Odd Tire wear, etc. - Rawze - 05-11-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.