PROSTAR W/MAXFORCE 13 SMOKING & REGEN CONSTANTLY
05-13-2018, (Subject: PROSTAR W/MAXFORCE 13 SMOKING & REGEN CONSTANTLY ) 
PROSTAR W/MAXFORCE 13 SMOKING & REGEN CONSTANTLY
I’m actually surprised I haven’t seen the issues I’m about to discuss on here but I’m new so here we go.
I have a 2014 Prostar with a maxforce 13 engine. I had it for over a year and off the bat it would blowout a light blue and greycolor of smoke. Then I would lose power and eventually the DPF Light will come on. I would pull over and park regen for about 45 minutes. This would happen every 1k to 2k Miles. I asked around and i didn’t get any straight answers or solutions. All I got was they all do it.

This went on for sometime until the engine light came on and I would smell something burning. Like soot. Then the DPF light would come on minutes later. I would always know when this would happen by the sound of the truck. I would hear a sound similar to air passing through pipes at a high rate. Then the soot smell followed by lose of power and the kicker is the smoke. After that the DPF light comes on.

Well a month ago I’m heading to the house to get it checked out and I got a stop engine on my dash. I pulled over to take to look at my engine and there was oil all over the dam place.

I got it towed back home to a shop and they told me the hot side and cool side of the egr coolers were clogged up. Plus some other issues... well thousands of dollars later I got it running. They cleaned the tubes. Replaced the egr valve, changed the turbo oil line feed and some other stuff I can’t remember off the top of my head. Now instead of every 1 to 2 thousand miles till I regen, it’s every 400 Miles and it still smokes. It’s worse when I’m 45000lbs heavy. Now as of today it dropped to 150 Miles then to every 60 Miles I have to regen. It regened 4 times back to back for approx 4 hours twice in the 500 mile span.

I still blow heavy smoke going down the road, i still smell soot, I regen a lot! I mean a lot! And I lose power right before and now the engine light is back on. Can someone please tell me what’s wrong with this truck?

Please no sarcasm like light a match to it. I put a lot of money into this truck.
Thanks.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
PROSTAR W/MAXFORCE 13 SMOKING & REGEN CONSTANTLY - robertedward - 05-13-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.