2012 Cascadia ISX 450
05-24-2018, (Subject: 2012 Cascadia ISX 450 ) 
RE: 2012 Cascadia ISX 450
Waterloo might be a little jaded in his assessment of how current trucks run. He has ran into some exceptional problems. I believe with his current way of tackling these problems he will see similar results of Nilao and myself. I have an 06 9400i International and Nilao's description is pretty common for most trucks. Basically, you should expect every week to be turning a wrench, performing preventive maintenance or thoroughly inspecting something on the truck at least one day but often times less than that.

Having something repaired every 3-4k miles is usually a sign of poor planning with maintenance or not properly diagnosing and fixing a problem. Your true maintenance intervals should be somewhere between 8-10k miles. At which time you should tackle ALL problems in preparation to go another 8-10k miles. Mega carriers and lease companies set policies in place to operate like this but NEVER follow them. This is from a combination of under trained, unqualified, and uncaring techs working on the units, penny-pinching management not wanting to spend the money and a corporate structure that's only thought is to push the truck 24hrs a day.
When looking at Maintenance Reports from these companies you kind of have to assess everything and say can this be better organized. Or is it showing a problem that they have yet to cure properly.

This is why I personally like looking at and possibly purchasing trucks from these companies. You can tell alot from their detailed maintenance records without ever looking at the truck. You just have to know how to properly look at it.

With all that said, I still shy away from actually purchasing most of them because of my hooker analogy. It is real hard to judge how hard something has been abused and how deep it has been damaged. Not everything can be easily seen. And these companies often times distract you from looking Too Deep by giving you other things. Like brand new Tires and Brakes. Or replacing nitpicking items that don't cost a lot.

Just so you know, My current truck is an old JB Hunt truck then was a lease truck for a company. I bought into a hooker. But with my knowledge and experience I knew exactly what I was getting into. And it has performed exactly the way I knew it would.

I hope this helps and good luck with your choice.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: AHMLLC

Messages In This Thread
2012 Cascadia ISX 450 - AHMLLC - 05-23-2018,
RE: 2012 Cascadia ISX 450 - Chamberpains - 05-24-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.