2010 Pete386 ISX 3 fault codes , I’ll forever be leery of random mechanics
05-24-2018, (Subject: 2010 Pete386 ISX 3 fault codes , I’ll forever be leery of random mechanics ) 
2010 Pete386 ISX 3 fault codes , I’ll forever be leery of random mechanics
Hey guys first post here I figured I’d share some info and a lesson I learned . I bought a 2010 Pete 386 with an isx 450 10spd 400kmi 2 weeks ago . Monday of this week I started doing some local work with it in the central Jersey area. First day out I noticed around noon the Check engine light would pop on and off throughout the day but didn’t notice any difference in power . Everytime I had a chance to stop and check what fault code it was throwing the CEL coincidentally wasn’t on so I couldn’t get a idea of where to start . I instantly started thinking dpf issues due to previos stories and experiences. Tuesday ( 2nd day on the road) I again noticed the truck was running 0 faults till about noon just like the preyday . I started wondering if the temperature outside rising had something to do with this issue . I parked the truck shortly after and once again wasn’t able to catch a fault . Yesterday like clock work again ran 0 faults all morning till around 12 then boom the CEL came On and this time wasn’t disappearing I started to notice a power loss and stemmed to be getting worse by the minute I quickly exited into a rest area ran the diagnostic with the dial on the dash and it said “ fuel pressure loss” I turned the truck off turned it back on and no code . So at this point I knew the rise in outside temp had some kind of impact and it’s fuel related so I started doing my research.... I read a bunch of horror story and then came across a post of a guy with a similar issue and figured out it was the “FUEL SHUT OFF SOLENOID “ PN3408422 . I had about 90miles left to get home and wasn’t looking forward to a breakdown on the road so I babied it to a near by diesel mechanic with a 5star google review lol I pulled up explained to what seemed to be the head mechanic what was happening and he told me he will put a guy on it in a few minutes since they weren’t busy so 2 hours pass and he says “ hey bud you need a new fuel pump , fuel lines and injectors “ . I almost threw up ..... I asked him if it could possibly be the FUEL SHUT OFF SOLENOID he said “nope “ but something deep in my gut told me Nooooooo so I decided to take my shot and lugged it home . I went to the Cummins sales and service in my are picked up the FUEL SHUT OFF SOLENOID for a whopping $82 lol I anxiously arrived to my truck took a while 8 mins to install and like magic no CEL NO FAULTS on startup I drove it around for about 30 mins good to go and noticed a serious increase in power wow I was happy so I decided to get her washed while waiting I noticed my hood open and the wash guy pressure washing my motor I almost told him don’t do it but figured he already started whatever ( I’ve always been scared to pressure wash motors usually simple green and a hose do the job ) ... guy tells me it’s done I start it up and I see check engine now it’s saying “CRANKCASE PRESURE HIGH” I though I was having a bad dream... I googled the fault displayed and read about a guy that got his truck washed and same fault appeared a person replied saying 1.never pressure wash a motor 2.unplug the sensor let it dry out problem will be solved... well he was right I unplugged the sensor dried it out and that worked . I ran the truck 250 Miles today ran perfect fault free !

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply

Messages In This Thread
2010 Pete386 ISX 3 fault codes , I’ll forever be leery of random mechanics - PocketChange386 - 05-24-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.