Over The Road Versus Local
06-01-2018, (Subject: Over The Road Versus Local ) 
RE: Over The Road Versus Local
I've been running under 25% and probably better as of today with current rates thru the roof. But you have to remember that number is all relative to the current economy, the competition within the market you run in, availability of freight, if you get and what fuel surcharge there is, fuel price, what terrain you work in, local cost of living.... There are just a laundry list of factors. 33% is just where I was at for awhile in a stagnant economy and I was able to sustain a descent living. Anything above that and life got hard.

And I have to call shenanigans on 8.7 MPG while doing 75 all day. You're either running all flat ground and really light a lot or/and are not a full tractor trailer operation. I think I'm hearing a truckers tale in the making. 6.4 mpg is descent average for an older truck. You can always do better though. Im getting my old rag up in the 7's consistently with a few electrical tweaks and rubber changes along with driving habits.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

Messages In This Thread
RE: Over The Road Versus Local - Chamberpains - 06-01-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.