Advise on truck and engine purchase
04-12-2016, (Subject: Advise on truck and engine purchase ) 
RE: Advise on truck and engine purchase
(04-11-2016 )Magard Wrote:  Hi all I'm new to the forum. Been trucking for 10 year before all this emission stuff came to be. I was mandated to upgrade to particulate filter so I sold out. Heard so many horror stories about the new trucks being broke down and in the shop more than driving. I am going to by a used truck but I don't know if Cummins is the most sensible choice. Frankly I'm scared of all of them but I'm leaning towards a 2009 Volvo with Cummins. I don't like paccar trucks so freightliner but I have heard Terrible stories of freightliner Cummins combo. Don't know much about Volvo engines. My last truck was a freightliner with pre emission isx. I liked the motor all right but the fuel system seems wierd. My favorite truck was a freightliner with a preemision ism with a rv program in it set at 450 hp. But those days are gone. Looking for advise with experience behind it, thanks

I know what you mean. I have 2008 prostar cummins isx and I like it my advice to you is before buy make sure that dpf is clean ( baked not forced air clean) and please sent the money on a good engine,trans,rear, with dpf warranty its gonna cost around 3-5k but trust me you will pay that in 1-2 shop visits.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advise on truck and engine purchase - allan82782 - 04-12-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.