Procedure for Cleaning Glycol from isx15 Engines
06-16-2018, (Subject: Procedure for Cleaning Glycol from isx15 Engines ) 
RE: Procedure for Cleaning Glycol from isx15 Engines
To flush the coolant system I use dish soap and water. To flush the oil, I think all you can do is blow the oil galleys out as best you can.

You can remove the oil cooler if your feeling froggy but I think that may be just overkill, I'd take a couple ports off the oil cooler and another on the intake side and blow air through them while your engines tore right down.

The amount of coolant left in there would be a couple tablespoons mixed with the fresh 40 litres of oil is nothing....... plus your bearings will all be coated with assembly line to help for the start up..... for good measure, on your first fire up I would drain the oil after a couple minutes of running.

This is opinion of a driver and not a engine builder so don't take it as the worst of God, hopefully one of the wise men will pipe in here.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: same101us

Messages In This Thread
RE: Procedure for Cleaning Glycol from isx15 Engines - Brock - 06-16-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.