CM870 ISX EGR Cooler and Oil Cooler
06-19-2018, (Subject: CM870 ISX EGR Cooler and Oil Cooler ) 
CM870 ISX EGR Cooler and Oil Cooler
I hope everyone is doing great. I have a question. I have a 2007 International 9400i with the Cummins ISX CM870 and I can't seem to find information on how to check the oil cooler and the EGR cooler(exhaust gases) for leakage, most of the information out there is for the CM871. The symptoms are: initial start is rough, then goes away in about 5 to 10 minutes (I am assuming is coolant leaking into the intake from the EGR); also at start, flakes of carbon (like ashes) come out of the stacks; it is consuming half a gallon of oil and one quart of antifreeze a week (roughly). No blue, black or white smoke coming out of the stacks, it has lots of power but the fuel economy is not good, currently at 5.5 MPG. I will also like to try and clean up all the parts from the intake and EGR just like Rawze did on a CM871 but I am not certain how similar the engines are. I greatly appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

Abraham Magallon
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
CM870 ISX EGR Cooler and Oil Cooler - abraham_irak - 06-19-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.