Looking to purchase first truck! HELP
07-08-2018, (Subject: Looking to purchase first truck! HELP ) 
RE: Looking to purchase first truck! HELP
My opinion .... first it depends on if you have to comply? I haul logs. My favorite truck was one I just sold as it is no longer legal in California. What works in logging usually does not work over the road. We usually opt for lots of horsepower, lots of gears and a good jake, tall tires (24.5). The Pete I sold was a 79' b model cat 13 speed it was just a hard pulling truck but it was terrible on long highway hauls. If it were legal I would take a good older truck over a new one any day late 90's to early 2000's easy to work on and its an inexpensive way to start off. I have seen everything in the woods but if your off road a lot on bad roads stick to Pete, KW (not t600) Frieghtliner or Western star. C15-16 is a good engine or 60 series detriot and 13-18 speed 235-242 wheelbase. That's what works here. And I have seen Cascadia's pulling chip trailers they were missing a lot of parts (lower fairings) but they had the most awesome turning radius I have ever seen, dude could almost due a U-turn in highway with 45 ft chip trailer. Go nice but not show pretty.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking to purchase first truck! HELP - imalumberjack - 07-08-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.