Looking to purchase first truck! HELP
07-11-2018, (Subject: Looking to purchase first truck! HELP ) 
RE: Looking to purchase first truck! HELP
Well, in all honesty they can all be bad years. It's not the dog system itself that fails but the lack of maintenance on the engine systems that compounds the problem. If your not planning on having the emission system "fixed" then plan on doing a egr clean out every quarter. Make sure all updates are done to the ecm and dpf systems as things have changed filterwise. My 2011 had the old design dpf in it as well as old calibration.

It's not all about "bad years" so much as it about bad maintenance. The unfortunate truth is most drivers wait until the last minute to do something about problems that come up. I see them all the time driving down the road with the check engine light on and dpf light blinking. The truck is telling you something isnt right yet the think as long as the shutdown light is off I will just drive it.

My experience with my 2011 cummins is as follows, dealership told me dpf filter was new. I made it 3 weeks hitting dealerships every 5 days to have a forced regen done. They couldn't figure out the issue as the pressure differentials were in spec. I pulled the can myself at home and used a blow gun to blow air through the filter from the outlet side. Know what I found out? It was full of ash. I blew and tapped out out a pile the size of a bowling ball. Since my emission system has been fixed properly I haven't had 1 issue in 3 years. But I keep on top of stuff. I inspect my truck every day and crawl under and over it everytime I get home. If I find anything questionable it gets pulled off 8nspected and either replaced, rebuilt, or put back on if it's still within spec. I don't kick the can down the road hoping I can get one more load before it breaks.

That's just my experience. The CM871 just runs it taken care of.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DDB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking to purchase first truck! HELP - Nilao - 07-11-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.