Buying a trailer
07-19-2018, (Subject: Buying a trailer ) 
RE: Buying a trailer
I found mine on truckpaper.com
I drove 600 miles away for a good deal on a Reitnouer. You can find a lot of trailer under $20,000. Mine was in the 30k range but I wanted something specific and I like the all aluminum stuff and everything is bolted together for easier replacement.

What size you want is all up to how flexible or versatile you want to be with the freight you haul. I haul anything that you can put on a trailer so I went with a 51'. I didn't want the long tail over hang of s 53' for fear of bending the tail while driving equipment on to it. I also wanted to haul longer and more bulky loads and machinery. So 48' was too short. Also I hate bulkheads because they get in the way of things. But for safety reasons they're nice to have. I use a headache rack for equipment storage and safety.
I can tell you there is plenty of 48' flatbed freight. But the more things you can haul on the trailer the less likely you get stuck somewhere looking for good freight. Also the equipment you carry to secure and cover freight with also open up options. It all in what your willing to do.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Jorg81 , Rawze

Messages In This Thread
Buying a trailer - Jorg81 - 07-19-2018,
RE: Buying a trailer - Chamberpains - 07-19-2018
RE: Buying a trailer - Jorg81 - 07-20-2018,
RE: Buying a trailer - hhow55 - 07-20-2018,
RE: Buying a trailer - Jorg81 - 07-20-2018,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.