Buying a trailer
07-20-2018, (Subject: Buying a trailer ) 
RE: Buying a trailer
(07-20-2018 )stevesparts Wrote:  1st:what is your main thing that your going to be hauling??/ then go from there.
I have a 50 ft Reitnouer and haul a lot of 60/65 ft beams and always heavy:( so the 50 ft works well for me. and i can move the weight around well on it. So think of what you going to be doing with it. if its just lumber/roofing, or standard type stuff then 48 is the ticket but if your going to be doing stuff that needs room(hay or pipe) then go with a 53 ft but what ever you get try to get a lift axle if you get a spread that way you will get better tire wear/mileage when you deadhead or get a light load.:)
but go with what you want, just try to keep the weight down on it so you got some wiggle room ie: 48,000lbs load and your 32,400 mt weight....and it never weighs what they say:)

Honestly, I do not know what I’m going to be hauling yet for the most part. Flatbed is going to be completely new to me, but my father thinks it’s the best way to go. Course he’s been doing it for a while already, and his revenue is always higher than mine because of it. One thing we might be hauling is non-hazmat totes of chemicals but other than that, It is yet to be seen what we will be hauling. Which I think is another good reason not to buy my trailer yet, but to rent one and see where it goes and then I’ll have a better idea of what trailer to buy depending on what I end up wanting to haul
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Buying a trailer - Jorg81 - 07-19-2018,
RE: Buying a trailer - Jorg81 - 07-20-2018,
RE: Buying a trailer - hhow55 - 07-20-2018,
RE: Buying a trailer - Jorg81 - 07-20-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.