Cummins X15, what's the word?
01-12-2021, (Subject: Cummins X15, what's the word? ) 
RE: Cummins X15, what's the word?
(01-12-2021 )Mav Wrote:  Thank you for the response. Yes I meant all that stuff. I am 63 now and I am only driving part time. The less I have to work on it the better. If I buy a epa truck I will leave it that way. I have always liked cummins but if all things are equal I will consider a DD15. I have been with landstar on an off since 1/2002 and this will be the first time I am hiring a driver. I guess I am just apprehensive.

The 10,000 foot expected viewpoint with regards to hired drivers ... IF you can find a decent, trustworthy driver (decent drivers are hard to come by for most O/O's that look for hired drivers ) ...

For a hired driver, for the miles that driver turns on the truck, you can estimate that roughly about 15%, (maybe 20% tops if all goes really well ) of the net revenue that is made on those miles to be yours when looking into the long term. This is the reality of it ... just keep that in mind. This is NET.. not gross .. and this is only on the miles they turn, not you if your driving the truck too.

I don't say all this stuff to discourage others in their endeavours ... I say it so that ppl are aware of these realities and can plan for overcoming them, putting them into their business plan as things to manage and overcome in whatever creative ways they can think of... otherwise if it is ignored, these things can sneak up on you and drain everything away into that death-spiral that consumes 85% of all O/O's so quickly.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mav , PuroCumminsPower , Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cummins X15, what's the word? - Rawze - 01-12-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.