If you had to buy a truck right now, what would you look for?
07-31-2018, (Subject: If you had to buy a truck right now, what would you look for? ) 
RE: If you had to buy a truck right now, what would you look for?
(07-31-2018 )Explosia Wrote:  ...
Lone mountain

cleans both filters (dpf and doc) and cleans or replaces the doser. Changed all the engine and cab filters, 6 new Goodyear virgins and a 6 mo engine warranty.

This truck has a 2.64 rear with a 10 speed auto.

I’m going to visit Mr. Hagg in couple months to complete the finishing touches.

Don't be so quick to toot their horn. you got (maybe) lucky is all... (except for that horrible gear ratio and failure prone auto-shitter).

I have seen plenty of guys buy form there here in the area I live. They are no better than anyone else, and every one of the larger franchise truck stealershits "claims to replace DPF etc." bnut all they do is send them off to be baked and slap them back on. In fact, most of the time, the one they slap back on is not even the one they took off. The only reason for this is because they want it to run about 300 miles or so before the warning lights come back on. They could give a a sh$it about it otherwise. The Warranty they offer 90% of all cases I have ever seen refuses to pay for anything and is not worth the paper it is written on. More than half the trucks I see people got taken on and ended up with a lemon that needed much work has come form them just like any other bad, no give-a-damn used truck dealer. - Might have well have just purchased it form auction, same exact risk, because that is exactly what they did, then doubled the price on it. -- I have no faith in that place after seeing how many used trucks sold by them (and most of the other bigger used truck outfits like em) that weren't worth a damn.

Seen trucks come from them with bad turbo's, failed EGR systems, destroyed cams, blown head gaskets, and a whole lot more problems. -- THEY DO NOTHING to the engine/tyruck to ensure it is even slightly ok outside of making sure it looks nice enough to sell and does not throw engine alarms for the first few hundred miles.
(one example: reference: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...7#pid28987 )

They are no different than any other slimy used truck stealershit. It is up to the person purchasing 110% to see if there is anything wrong with the equipment they have chosen and it is like pulling teeth out of a lion to try to get them to stand behind anything once you sign that paperwork. i have seen so many guys left out in the cold on that it is not even funny.

- Chanege those rears out with 3:55's or 3:79's and learn to drive it 60~ish and you will make a decent profit with it without lugging the liners out of the engine block. Your going to need it to keep up with the extra expenses of that auto trans and the 0.6 mpg less fuel economy it sucks out of the tanks vs a decent driver with a manual.

just my own thoughts on it, no one has to agree.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: RoadRacer

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you had to buy a truck right now, what would you look for? - Rawze - 07-31-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.