Rawze's Daily blog...
04-16-2017, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
RE: Rawze's Daily blog...
(04-16-2017 )kryten Wrote:  
(03-31-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  There are just some things that hate the power from it.

I remember an article I read several years ago about inverters. It was stated that a pure sine wave inverter was the way to go but they were very expensive at the time and very hard to find. The modified sine wave inverter was OK if what you were running had a "wall wart", or more correctly a voltage drop converter.

That being said I've had the same microwave in the truck for about 5 years running off first the Volvo factory installed inverter (lasted about 3 weeks longer than the warranty, $2500 to replace), then a 1500 Watt Cobra which was about $300 at the Flying J in Calgary.

I've never even heard of these things until recently.... when I read pure sine a few weeks back, I had to Google it! I've always just ran the cheapest Canadian Tire 2500W inverters and never had issues. I've ran microwaves and crock pots and my coffee maker and even a bar fridge with zero issue.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Rawze's Daily blog... - Rawze - 04-17-2016,
RE: Rawze's Daily blog... - Unilevers - 05-13-2016,
RE: Rawze's Daily blog... - Brock - 04-16-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.