[split] Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week...
04-18-2016, (Subject: [split] Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week... ) 
RE: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week...
I wouldn't own that truck if you gave it to me. But that is just me.
[/quote]

What's not to like?
$8k cheaper than an ISX due to FET exemption.
300 pounds lighter.
Will easily out pull the ISX if that's important to you.
No federal laws are broken so the Feds are of no concern. It's even less of an issue being caught in CA with a glider versus a deleted emission truck.
Can be worked on at any Cat dealer without fear of being reported or modified. Try taking a new, deleted 2350 into Cummins or Peterbilt. The Peterbilt mechanics want to dry hump these things.
You can actually get into a Cat dealer in the first place if you need to because they don't have 30+ Check engine light trucks in front of you and another 20 waiting to have the engines replaced.
4 year unlimited mile/hour warranty(Yes this engine still qualifies) compared to none on a deleted ISX or 250k miles 24 months or 6250 hours on a non deleted. You can buy a 500k mile, 60 month or 12,500 hour extended warranty for an additional $14k. Then the glider is $22k less expensive.
Fuel pump failure is $150 and one hour down and can be fixed on the side of the road versus $42k and nine weeks of downtime.
Well over one mpg above a deleted ISX in this application, 1.5-2 mpg above non deleted.
Parts bill for total over haul with new, not reman head, cam and turbos: $18,600 versus $26,500 for a 2350.
850k-1.3M mile life span in this application versus 6k-359k miles. That's right, the current record holder for longevity of a 2250/2350 in an open rack car hauler is 359k miles. It's a crime against humanity how many ISX have catastrophically failed in car haulers. Very few make it to even 300k before spitting out rods or burning oil like a two stroke.

So why, exactly, should I buy a 2350?

Is there even one, single advantage? Besides the option to leave it stock and run California? Which I don't consider an upside!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week... - Texasdude74 - 04-18-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.