Air flow vs. rad shroud
08-22-2018, (Subject: Air flow vs. rad shroud ) 
RE: Air flow vs. rad shroud
Im with Nilao on that. The purpose of all the shrouds and hanging plastic rubber and all the directional junk that rattles off and get snagged on everything when your opening and closing the hood, is to funnel air across and over the engine. On trucks with very tight engine bays its very important to keep all that stuff maintained so you dont obstruct or redirect air flow from going over the engine and transmission. Now trucks with larger engine bays run in to a little different problem if you mess with to much you can get hot air swirling under the hood and not efficiently flowing thru the engine bay. Leaving an insulating hot air bubble around the engine
You may very well create or compound a small problem.

I personally would just let the fan do its job. If anything, look to see if your truck has an upgraded fan and maybe a different shroud (yours does look awfully constricted for such a big radiator but looks and true functionality are often 2 different things). I found on my truck that the new fan I bought was lighter, smaller and pulls A LOT more air when engaged. And yes its OEM. I replaced it just because after 12 years I figured plastic fatigue was bound to have it come apart and I wasnt chancing a radiator for a $180 fan. It was a nice surprise that International had upgraded the design of the replacement fan.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead

Messages In This Thread
RE: Air flow vs. rad shroud - Chamberpains - 08-22-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.