isx cm871 overspooling
09-05-2018, (Subject: isx cm871 overspooling ) 
RE: isx cm871 overspooling
(09-04-2018 )Crash Dummy Wrote:  ...
ugh, was afraid you would say that! My Mechanic doesn't do the programming, he has some guy online do it from a remote, which i didnt know till just recently.
just wish i had found you before i jumped off into it. As hard as times had gotten, just couldnt see throwin another 10k in filters and docs at it in so short a time between them.

I added this thread to the "bad delete collection" ...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid13255

The only people who have repeating turbo problems are those who have bad delete programs, those who have purchased turbocharger parts on-line from chineese sellers, those who have Chinese fake turbo's, or those who use those el-cheapo egr-cooler block plates in the exhaust off the Internet that eventually break apart and go through the turbo.

A decent de-mandate does not suppress the fault codes for turbo over-spool or excess exhaust pressures (sounds like your ecm is blocked from reporting those fault codes). It also will not over-spool or over-boost. The CM871 only needs about 36-37 psi boost maximum for achieving up to 600HP without the EGR active, as it is running on only clean air into the cylinders. Newer model engines need even less as they have higher compression ratios. This is a far cry away from causing turbo over-spin, or any other type of risk to damage even if you had NO exhaust piping on the back side of it.

Typical turbocharger lifespan on them is 400 - 600k miles or more, proper demandating does not shorten their lifespan, but instead extends it a bit due to lower soot levels when it's done right.

As that model engine reaches roughly 40 psi boost, you are getting into the zone of excess detonation and creating a lot of internal friction (results in higher than normal oil temps). I have seen plenty of guys loose engines unpredictably at 40+ psi. Everything from fretted out liners (resulting in blown head gasket) to holes through the tops of the pistons.

-- The saddest part in all this "bad delete" crap I see over and over, a hundred times a year is that FOR SEVERAL YEARS NOW,.. I HAVE OFFERED FOR FREE to help ANYONE who is doing that type of ecu work. I give advice towards proper engine combustion theory, engine settings, + discussion of what is safe for them, not so safe, and so on. This is because I got totally sick of seeing truck after truck with exactly the problems you now are facing. -- However, helping others for free has only resulted in these narcissistic dick*head arrogant a-holes that do such work, instead of using that resource, hating my forum and what I do because I also educate truck owners themselves in the same ways with regard to proper method. They hate me because it ultimately reveals how bad their brain-butchered work really is.

Auto tuning forums hate my guts pretty badly because of this and like to pick on/pick apart everything I say even though what i do is for free. It is because most of them are only interested in boosting their own blind arrogance and pushing their crap onto others for a quick dollar vs doing a proper thorough job for what they are being paid. - Any fool with a laptop and some pirated software can over-night suddenly become an expert custom ecu tuner and it is a plague in the trucking industry how many dumbarsses there are out there with their golden screwdrivers. Some have done it for so many years now that they have convinced themselves through sheer arrogance that they know what they are doing and there is no telling them otherwise.

For those who don't know any better,.. the truck owners,.. they are the ones to always suffer the fate of this arrogance and ignorance in the end simply because there is just too many false promises and convincing testimony of "well my friend had it done and likes it" or "this guy said they are good at it" out there by these custom tuning morons to keep their steady supply of victims going. - It is sheer exploitation of the guy who is desperate and having repeating DPF problems they prey upon, simply put, and I get sick in my stomach every time someone new joins this forum and has a story just like yours to tell.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: IrishKW , Chamberpains , snailexpress , Oldad6150

Messages In This Thread
RE: isx cm871 overspooling - Rawze - 09-05-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.