Tire psi in 100+ degree weather??
09-09-2018, (Subject: Tire psi in 100+ degree weather?? ) 
RE: Tire psi in 100+ degree weather??
(09-08-2018 )frameless1 Wrote:  I have a question that would be related to this topic, I have a dump I run 80k almost all the time sometimes I get a blowout or just tire failure so I try to replace and match the tread to the partner while this is fairly easy on trailer not so much on tractor. The question is what would be recommended for the drive tires having them uneven from each other by a couple 8ths or having the left pair be different from right pair on same axle?

This is only what I used to do , not saying it was right.
I would run my drives down to 40 % then pull them and use them for the trailer . For some reason drive tires at 40% would last just as long as brand new ones on the trailer . I very rarely had to buy trailer tires or had any tire issues. Yes, I did run 90% off-road and and in very rough country.
The other thing I did ... I am sure this will spark many different opinions. I ran with my power divider in all the time . I always had very even tire wear . I also ran with Super 40 rear ends and never had a problem . Everybody told me in the Super 40 rear ends would not take that type of work.
Just what and how I did it.

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tire psi in 100+ degree weather?? - the missing link - 09-09-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.