Odd leakdown test results...
09-09-2018, (Subject: Odd leakdown test results... ) 
RE: Odd leakdown test results...
(09-09-2018 )dhirocz Wrote:  No dice. Now I can't replicate the leak. No bubbles at all.

Is it possible as these things wear that some trash might get into the tip and 'temporarily' cause a leak? Would some power service possibly fix this? I ask because my mileage has gone down lately... eventually the fuel cost will replace the bad injector anyway, but I'd rather not just throw parts at it. Who knows, my 3 month old #6 could be where the leak is too.

I did run some tests with insite. Nothing out of the ordinary. It will run on all 6, one at a time. All holes pass the cylinder performance test. The only thing I notice is it runs a bit rougher on 1,2 and 3 compared to the rear bank, which I would say is probably a sign of actuator wear. 4,5 and 6 runs smoother.

I might swap the actuators around and see if it stays that way or if it flips around. I'm getting 5.3 mpg right now, 80 miles a day, 50% loaded miles, down from the 6.8 I was at before. Half stop and go, 10 lbs of boost or less, all 50 mph or below.

There are a lot of things that cause fuel mileage to change that have nothing whatsoever to do with injectors,.. just saying.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Odd leakdown test results... - Rawze - 09-09-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.