Injector for ISM 500
09-20-2018, (Subject: Injector for ISM 500 ) 
RE: Injector for ISM 500
(09-19-2018 )wingover Wrote:  Made a tool to pull the injector out and manage to remove it. I heard some fuel dripping into the cylinder and wondering how (if needed) to get the fuel out of the cylinder?

Should have a new injector from Cummins next week.

Thanks!

Oh dear god, NOOOOO!!!

(09-20-2018 )Signature620 Wrote:  If you're going to leave it with the injector out you should drain the coolant. It's unlikely but if the head has a few miles on it, the coolant can start leaking around the injector sleeve without the pressure of the injector there.

Drain the coolant level below the head immediately, and/or return the injector to installed position as you are begging for trouble!
If you drain the coolant, insert a clean rag to keep any possible contaminants from the cylinder, including the errant dropping of a small tool/bolt/washer/anything. Open cylinders ALWAYS need protections from anything not intended to be introduced!

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Injector for ISM 500 - Hammerhead - 09-20-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.