Fuel additives
09-25-2018, (Subject: Fuel additives ) 
RE: Fuel additives
(09-25-2018 )lonestar16 Wrote:  So the best thing to help with fuel mileage is keep the system clean in keep my foot out of it...thank I been trying to slow down but the low rpm dont help out much ..

you ABSOLUTELY need to get that
GODDAMN ENGINE KILLING RPM GOVERNOR OUT OF THAT ENGINE! It is likely the "Gear-down Idiot driver Protection" setting turned on that they put in company trucks that eats them up like others have said,.. Your driving that thing in its lower 1/3 of its rpm range and IT IS DEFINITELY BAD FOR IT WHEN PULLING TORQUE~!!!

The only reason why engines even have that feature is for the prevention of absolute moron idiot company drivers who would unplug the tranny top gear sensor + tail shaft speed sensor to circumvent the governor.

-- the best place to pull a hill or have high torque needs in the ISX is at 1650+ RPM!. Yuy are lugging the crap out of it and shortening its lifespan by pushing you foot towards the floor below 1400 RPM. You are also killing its fuel mileage at higher torque levels too form all the extra (eventual liner-fretting) internal friction it creates.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Fuel additives - lonestar16 - 09-25-2018,
RE: Fuel additives - Rawze - 09-25-2018
RE: Fuel additives - Rawze - 09-25-2018,
RE: Fuel additives - Rawze - 09-25-2018,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.