My transmission is going out.
09-27-2018, (Subject: My transmission is going out. ) 
My transmission is going out.
So i dropped my truck of monday at a shop, to put in the clutch i got last week. I was told by other truckers in my city that their is a guy who strictly rebuilds them or fixes them. I have heard nothing but praise from the truckers who got their transmission looked over by him.

Today i went over to meet him and see what he thinks of my transmission. It turns out that coolant leak i had wasnt going to the engine " GREAT!! ". It was actually leaking into the transmission this whole time ;(..... so he tells me that when coolant leaks into the transmission the bearings go out and get affected over time, when that happens everything starts to going out...

It would cost roughly 2k to get it fixed but it would cost me 3.8k for a rebuilt transmission from wellers for a 13 spd eaton fuller with a 2 year warranty.

So im going to get in touch with weller and see if they still have that transmission i need.

What acutally broke was the " Heater Core " if im not mistaken and it was leaking a lot of coolant into it. tho from what i could see, the transmission looks in decent condition for 1.3 million miles on it, clutch wasnt worn to bad and the clutch brake wasnt torn apart as i thought it was. I am really leaning towards the rebuilt transmission.

has anyone else had this issue? i am thinking of disconnecting that heater core and using a air cooler for the transmission oil.

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
My transmission is going out. - Evotrucker - 09-27-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.