Short hauls and idle time on a farm. Opinions?
10-03-2018, (Subject: Short hauls and idle time on a farm. Opinions? ) 
RE: Short hauls and idle time on a farm. Opinions?
Fitzgerald does not put out the best quality in my experience. I've had to "fix" several units that came from their facility with issues that should have never made it onto the street. At least not if I were the one working on it. And as a side note, their "warranty" that is sold for these trucks are not worth the paper they are written on. A complete waste of $5-6k!

The older engines are not getting near the fuel mileage as the de-mandated newer engines, they just can't compete with the updated technology that is on the current engines. The caveat here is that he is going to be using this on the farm with few miles driven and extended idling time; mpg is not of the utmost concern in this situation.

If he is going to buy new and pull all the problems off before dumping tons of cash into it, (which is what will happen with his style of operation) by all means this is the way to go. If you are looking for a turn-key unit that will give you many years of service, a glider kit from a quality builder will serve the need that he has.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo , NBFarms

Messages In This Thread
RE: Short hauls and idle time on a farm. Opinions? - bwake - 10-03-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.