2010 ISX15 Fuel Rail Pressure CODE 559
10-05-2018, (Subject: 2010 ISX15 Fuel Rail Pressure CODE 559 ) 
RE: 2010 ISX15 Fuel Rail Pressure CODE 559
(10-05-2018 )RaideRue Wrote:  
(10-05-2018 )imalumberjack Wrote:  
(10-05-2018 )Unilevers Wrote:  do a fuel pump return flow test. Make sure you isolate it - ide be willing to bet the sealing crush washer on the bottom of the barrels didnt crush right and is bypassing.

Building 30K pressure at idle and no load during the test is easy - Its supplying the volume of fuel needed at 30K psi under full load that pumps show strain. either that or when the plungers went they took a few injectors with them.

Uni
I also had an issue with the crush washers (first time I did it I really didn't have proper tools) pulled pump head and removed barrels, installed new crush washers and it works fine. Quick serve says barrels are not reusable so far proved that wrong.

did yours have a really hard time starting up? My truck almost doesn’t want to start ever since then
yes, barely started would not run more than 20-30 seconds. When I installed fuel pump head it would not pass the plunger test, it would extend plungers with air test. When I first installed barrels I was 1600 miles from home and did not have a torque wrench and did not know how critical it would be. I used a 1 5/8's end wrench guessed at the 60? pounds and attempted to turn the 60 degrees .... I could only get close and obviously it was not close enough. I had bought truck at auction as non-operational so I was hoping I could make it run and drive home? but finally gave up and had it shipped .... little did I know it was a dollar crush washer and a torque wrench away .... could have saved 3500 bucks.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2010 ISX15 Fuel Rail Pressure CODE 559 - imalumberjack - 10-05-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.