Cm870 VGT issue
10-28-2018, (Subject: Cm870 VGT issue ) 
Question Cm870 VGT issue
So after replacing my CAC, turbo rebuilt and getting my truck mechanically squared out (Thank you Rawze and Mr. Hagg) I soon found out when ever I would try to sustain normal boost (25-37lbs) that the turbo would chuff rather violently. For some odd reason when commanding the turbo from 0-30% it would stay open but above 30% the turbo goes to 100% closed. The actuator arm starts to extend about 18 psi and maxes out about 60 psi but the circuit is pushing 120 psi and lower but still well above 60 psi. The air pressure does adjust when commanding the position which makes us think the ECM is doing it's job, but not low enough to retract the actuator rod until commanded below 30% which just returns the actuator to 0%. Is the turbo control valve circuit supposed to be regulated from the factory or is the turbo control valve suppose to regulate the pressure down to 60 psi and below? According to testing the minimum and max pressure of the actuator rod and its travel makes me and Rawze say yes. Another obversation that was made that the arm from the crosshaft seems to be a bit stiff possibly from the rebuild but still moves from end to end with little effort. Does this sound like a turbo control valve not doing its job properly? Did anyone have the same issue as I?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Cm870 VGT issue - marek4792 - 10-28-2018
RE: Cm870 VGT issue - Unilevers - 10-28-2018,
RE: Cm870 VGT issue - Rawze - 10-28-2018,
RE: Cm870 VGT issue - Rawze - 11-06-2018,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.